Saturday, January 1, 2011

Still in love with the idea.

I'm thinking about France at the moment and what it might be like to permanently stay in the place we've been renovating the past seven years.

I read about people who have made the transition and have later regretted it. I've wondered about why they might have regretted it. I've considered if their regrets might possibly apply to me.

To renovate is to sacrifice. Over the past seven years there have been many setbacks and struggles as well as the acquisition of new skills , borne of necessity. It would be true to say that blood, sweat and tears have gone into the making of our place just south of Josselin.

We want to live a simple life growing vegetables, making jam, painting and meeting interesting people and visiting interesting places...and we want to do all of these things based in rural Brittany.

Yes, the dream is still burning bright.


3 comments:

Jean said...

Keep on dreaming, Ken, and don't let the negative vibes from the disenchanted ones put you off. We have met so many people who have made the move and now live very happily doing just what you (and I) both dream of, loving France, warts and all.

Ken Devine said...

Thanks, Jean. I can't wait! I'm excited just thinking about it.

Roz said...

I know that feeling - go for it!!